Destined for great things
Catherine Bohart is an award-winning comedian, writer and actor.
Catherine began performing stand-up in 2015 and has enjoyed a rapid rise through the ranks of UK and Irish comedy, becoming a finalist in both the BBC New Comedy Awards and Funny Women the very next year.
2016 also saw Catherine and fellow comic Cally Beaton perform their show Catcall for a full run at the Edinburgh Fringe, enjoying packed houses and stellar reviews. The following August, Catherine joined the line-up of the prestigious Pleasance Comedy Reserve.
Catherine took her debut solo show, Immaculate, to the Edinburgh Fringe in 2018. Immaculate received widespread acclaim, with The Times describing it as “the sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see.” Catherine returned to the festival in 2019 with her second hour-long show, Lemon. It enjoyed a month of sold-out performances and excellent reviews before being brought to jam-packed audiences at London’s Soho Theatre. Catherine will tour Lemon in the UK in 2020.
Catherine has also taken her talents overseas. Spring 2019 saw Catherine chosen to join the line-up for New Order, which showcases the best in original and trendsetting comedy at Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Catherine’s burgeoning broadcasting career has seen her appear on E4’s 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Comedy Central UK’s Roast Battle, ITV2’s The Stand Up Sketch Show, Dave’s Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier and as a regular correspondent on BBC2’s The Mash Report. Catherine has written material for BBC shows The Now Show, The News Quiz, Newsjack and Frankie Boyle’s New World Order and E4’s Savage Socials. She has co-hosted BBC Radio 4 Extra Comedy Club with Arthur Smith, hosted a series of Funny From the Fringe for BBC Radio 4 Extra and was a guest on Reasons To Be Cheerful with Ed Miliband and Geoff Lloyd. In addition, Catherine was named The Times Comedy Face To Watch for 2019 and featured on the BBC New Talent Hotlist for 2017.
Catherine is also a trained actor, having studied an MA in Acting for Screen at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
Winner: 99 Club Bursary Award 2018
Finalist: Leicester Mercury Comedian Of The Year 2018
Finalist: BBC New Comedy Award 2016
Finalist: Funny Women 2016
The Times Comedy Face to Watch 2019
BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017
- Lemon (Edinburgh Fringe 2019, Soho Theatre 2019, UK Tour 2020)
- Immaculate (Edinburgh Fringe 2018, Soho Theatre 2019)
- New Order (Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2019)
- Nish Kumar Tour Support (2019)
- Ellie Taylor Tour Support (2018)
- Pleasance Comedy Reserve (2017)
- Catcall (Edinburgh Fringe 2016)
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats (E4, Guest Panellist, 2019, 2020)
- The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2, Stand Up and Sketch Performer, 2019, 2020)
- The Mash Report (BBC2, Correspondent and Writer, 2018 – )
- I’m Game (Sky Sports – series in support of Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces Campaign, 2019)
- Savage Socials (E4, Writer, 2019)
- Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier (Dave, Guest Panellist, 2019)
- Susan Calman’s Fringe Benefits (BBC Scotland, Stand Up Performer, 2019)
- Roast Battle (Comedy Central, Contestant, 2018)
- Frankie Boyle’s New World Order (BBC2, Writer, 2017)
- Mrs Brightside (Guest, 2020)
- Teenage Mixtape (Guest, 2020)
- The Guilty Feminist (Co-host, 2019)
- Off Menu (Guest, 2019)
- Conversations Against Living Miserably (Dave Podcast, Guest, 2019)
- Evil Genius (Guest, 2018-2019)
- Private Parts (Guest, 2019)
- You’re Dead To Me (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019)
- We Need to Talk About (2018)
- Reasons to Be Cheerful (2018)
- Guilty Feminist (Guest, 2018)
- The Big Debate Guilty Feminist (2018)
- You’re Dead To Me – General Election Special (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019)
- Funny From the Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Host, 2019)
- A Good Read (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019)
- Stand up from The Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- Breaking the News (BBC Radio Scotland, Guest, 2018-2019)
- The Comedy Club Interviews (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- Fubar Radio (Guest, 2018)
- The News Quiz (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- BBC New Comedy Award (BBC Radio 4, Performer, 2016)
- Newsjack (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- The Now Show (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2016)
- Tim Arthur Show (guest, 2016, BBC Radio London)
- The Paper Review (guest contributor, 2016, talkRadio)
The sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see.
The Times ★★★★
Packed full of laughs… she’s destined for great things.
The Herald ★★★★
A star in the making.
The Skinny ★★★★
A winning mixture of self-deprecation and confidence.
Beyond The Joke ★★★★
A supremely natural quality about her delivery.
The List ★★★★
Pretty much the perfect comedy package.
Bruce Dessau, Beyondthejoke