Destined for great things
Catherine Bohart is an award-winning comedian, writer and actor.
Catherine has fast become one of the most sought-after comedians in the UK and Ireland. She took her debut solo show, Immaculate, to the Edinburgh Fringe in 2018 to widespread critical acclaim, with The Times describing it as “the sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see”.
Catherine returned to the festival in 2019 with her second hour-long show, Lemon. It enjoyed a month of sold-out performances and excellent reviews before Catherine took the show on a UK and Irish tour, including a run of jam-packed performances at London’s Soho Theatre Mainspace. Catherine went on tour with her latest show, This Isn’t For You, in the UK & Ireland this year, followed by a hugely successful Edinburgh 2022 run, where she received numerous 4 & 5 star reviews.
The past twelve months have seen Catherine record Immaculate for her debut special as part of Soho Theatre Presents… for Amazon Prime Video. She has also made multiple appearances on shows such Mock The Week, Late Night Mash and The News Quiz, as well as recording stand up sets for both BBC2’S Funny Festival Live and Sky 1’s The Deirdre O’Kane Show.
Catherine’s other broadcasting credits include Sky1’s A League Of Their Own, C4’s 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Comedy Central UK’s Roast Battle, ITV2’s The Stand Up Sketch Show, Dave’s Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier and BBC2’s Richard Osman’s House Of Games. She was also a regular correspondent on BBC2’s The Mash Report and has written material for BBC Radio 4’s The Now Show and Frankie Boyle’s New World Order (BBC2).
Catherine co-hosted BBC Sounds Podcast and Radio 4 show You’ll Do and has appeared on multiple radio shows including The Now Show, The News Quiz, Museum of Curiosity and A Good Read.
Catherine also founded and co-hosts (with Helen Bauer) award-winning online stand-up gig Gigless. The gig won a JOE.ie Award for Best Online Show and Catherine also won a Chortle Award for Legend of Lockdown on the back of its success.
Winner: 99 Club Bursary Award 2018
Finalist: Leicester Mercury Comedian Of The Year 2018
Finalist: BBC New Comedy Award 2016
Finalist: Funny Women 2016
The Times Comedy Face to Watch 2019
BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017
- This Isn’t For You (UK Tour, 2022)
- Gigless (Weekly Virtual Gig, Creator & Host)
- Lemon (Edinburgh Fringe 2019, Soho Theatre 2019, UK Tour 2020)
- Immaculate (Edinburgh Fringe 2018, Soho Theatre 2019)
- New Order (Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2019)
- Nish Kumar Tour Support (2019)
- Ellie Taylor Tour Support (2018)
- Pleasance Comedy Reserve (2017)
- Catcall (Edinburgh Fringe 2016)
- Rhod Gilbert’s Growing Pains (Comedy Central, 2023)
- Live at the Apollo (BBC 2, 2023)
- Goodbye Brooklyn Nine-Nine (E4, 2022)
- Between the Covers (BBC2, 2022)
- Lazy Susan (BBC Three, 2022)
- Catherine Bohart: Immaculate (Amazon Prime Video and Soho Theatre, Performer, 2021)
- BBC New Comedy Awards (BBC Three, Judge, 2021)
- The Deirdre O’Kane Show (Sky Max, Guest, 2021)
- The Complaints Department (Comedy Central, Guest, 2021)
- Late Night Mash (Dave, Correspondent, 2021)
- A League Of Their Own (Sky One, Guest, 2021)
- As Yet Untitled (Dave, Guest, 2021)
- Yesterday, Today And The Day Before (Comedy Central, Guest Host, 2021)
- Guessable (Comedy Central, Guest, 2021)
- Funny Festival Live (BBC2, Stand-Up, 2021)
- Mock The Week (BBC2, Guest Panellist, 2021)
- House Of Games (BBC2, Guest, 2020)
- The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2, Stand Up and Sketch Performer, 2019, 2020)
- The Mash Report (BBC2, Correspondent and Writer, 2018 – 2020)
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats (E4, Guest Panellist, 2019, 2020)
- I’m Game (Sky Sports – series in support of Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces Campaign, 2019)
- Savage Socials (E4, Writer, 2019)
- Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier (Dave, Guest Panellist, 2019)
- Susan Calman’s Fringe Benefits (BBC Scotland, Stand Up Performer, 2019)
- Roast Battle (Comedy Central, Contestant, 2018)
- Frankie Boyle’s New World Order (BBC2, Writer, 2017)
- Shared Baggage (Audible, Co-host, 2023)
- Trusty Hogs (Co-host, 2021 – present)
- Dating Games (Guest, 2022) Scarlett Moffatt Wants to Believe (BBC Sounds, Guest, 2022)
- Building Queertopia (Guest, 2021)
- Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast (Guest, 2021)
- Have A Word (Guest, 2021)
- You’re Dead To Me (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019-2021)
- Evil Genius (BBC Sounds, Guest, 2018, 2020, 2021)
- Wheel of Misfortune (BBC Sounds, Guest, 2021, 2022)
- The Guilty Feminist (Co-host, 2019, 2021)
- The Teamsheet (Guest, 2021)
- Cuddle Club (Guest, 2021)
- You’ll Do (Host, 2020)
- Teenage Mixtape (Guest, 2020)
- Mrs Brightside (Guest, 2020)
- Conversations Against Living Miserably (Dave Podcast, Guest, 2019, 2020)
- Off Menu (Guest, 2019)
- Private Parts (Guest, 2019)
- We Need to Talk About (2018)
- Reasons to Be Cheerful (2018)
- Guilty Feminist (Guest, 2018)
- The Big Debate Guilty Feminist (2018)
- Loose Ends (BBC R4, Guest, 2022)
- The Leak (BBC Radio Wales, Panellist, 2021)
- You’re Dead To Me (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019, 2021, 2022)
- The Museum of Curiosity (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2021)
- The News Quiz (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2020, 2021)
- The Birthday Cake Game (BBC Radio 2, Guest, 2021)
- Breaking the News (BBC Radio Scotland, Guest, 2018-2021)
- Funny From the Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Host, 2019)
- A Good Read (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019)
- Stand up from The Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- The Comedy Club Interviews (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- Fubar Radio (Guest, 2018)
- The News Quiz (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- BBC New Comedy Award (BBC Radio 4, Performer, 2016)
- Newsjack (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- The Now Show (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2016)
- Tim Arthur Show (guest, 2016, BBC Radio London)
- The Paper Review (guest contributor, 2016, talkRadio)
Very engaging comedy.
The show is as sharp as it is tender…a show that’s worth holding on to.
The Guardian ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
Sharp observations…she keep the laughs coming.
She has a sting in her tale that makes her gossipy, garrulous hour of heartbreak into a satisfying whole that will surely linger in the memory.
The Times ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
Full of insight, life lessons and, most importantly, jokes…A beautifully calibrated touching, funny mix of anecdotes from the smutty to the smart.
Evening Standard ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
Her energy is cheery and charming.
Chortle ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
Bohart is such a positive presence, and lands the gags so well…The laugh count is high.
The Arts Desk ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
Londonist ★★★★ (On Catherine Bohart: This Isn’t For You)
The sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see.
The Times ★★★★
Packed full of laughs… she’s destined for great things.
The Herald ★★★★
A star in the making.
The Skinny ★★★★
A winning mixture of self-deprecation and confidence.
Beyond The Joke ★★★★
A supremely natural quality about her delivery.
The List ★★★★
Pretty much the perfect comedy package.
Bruce Dessau, Beyondthejoke
Catherine Bohart (Live at the Apollo, The Mash Report, Mock the Week, Trusty Hogs) is back with new ideas and big opinions for one week only!
“She keeps the laughs coming” ★★★★ Times
Lads, cheap car insurance for first time buyer? Talk to me cause the quotes on comparison sites are making me feel sick 🚗