A comic with both a distinctive voice and a story you’d like to hear
Steve Bennett, Chortle
Catherine Bohart is an award-winning comedian, writer and actor.
Catherine started performing stand-up in 2015 and since then has enjoyed a rapid rise through the ranks of UK and Irish comedy. In 2016, she was a finalist in both the BBC New Comedy Awards and Funny Women, drawing praise in the final of the former for having “a distinctive voice and a story you’d like to hear” (Chortle) and in the latter for being “pretty much the perfect comedy package” (Beyond The Joke).
2016 also saw Catherine and fellow comic Cally Beaton perform their show Catcall for a full run at the Edinburgh Fringe, enjoying packed houses and stellar reviews. The following year, Catherine performed as part of the prestigious Pleasance Comedy Reserve at the Edinburgh Fringe and, in 2018, she took her debut solo show, Immaculate, to the festival. An autobiographical hour about her life as the bisexual, OCD daughter of the Catholic deacon, Immaculate received widespread acclaim, the Times newspaper describing it in their four star review as “the sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see.” August 2019 saw Catherine’s second hour-long show, Lemon, enjoy a month of sold-out shows and excellent reviews. Catherine will bring Lemon to London’s Soho Theatre in October 2019.
Catherine’s burgeoning broadcasting career has already seen her appear on E4’s 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Comedy Central UK’s Roast Battle, Dave’s Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier and as a regular contributor on BBC2’s The Mash Report. She has written material for BBC shows The Now Show, The News Quiz, Newsjack and Frankie Boyle’s New World Order, co-hosted BBC Radio 4 Extra Comedy Club with Arthur Smith, hosted a series of Funny From the Fringe for BBC Radio 4 Extra and appeared on Reasons To Be Cheerful with Ed Miliband and Geoff Lloyd. She was also named on the BBC New Talent Hotlist for 2017, dedicated to listing the most exciting new broadcasting talent in the UK.
Catherine is also a trained actor, having studied an MA in Acting for Screen at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
Winner: 99 Club Bursary Award 2018
Finalist: Leicester Mercury Comedian Of The Year 2018
Semi-Finalist: Amused Moose National New Comic 2017
Finalist: BBC New Comedy Award 2016
Finalist: Funny Women 2016
Semi-Finalist: Semi-Finalist: So You Think You’re Funny? 2016
Semi-Finalist: Laughing Horse New Act Competition 2015
- Lemon (Edinburgh Fringe 2019, Soho Theatre 2019)
- Immaculate (Edinburgh Fringe 2018, Soho Theatre 2019)
- Ellie Taylor Tour Support (2018)
- Pleasance Comedy Reserve (2017)
- Catcall (Edinburgh Fringe 2016)
- The Mash Report (BBC2, Correspondent and Writer, 2018-2019)
- 8 Out Of 10 Cats (E4, Guest Panellist, 2019)
- The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2, Stand Up and Sketch Performer, 2019)
- Susan Calman’s Fringe Benefits (BBC Scotland, Stand Up Performer, 2019)
- Roast Battle (Comedy Central, Contestant, 2018)
- Frankie Boyle’s New World Order (BBC2, Writer, 2017)
- The Guilty Feminist (Co-host, 2019)
- Evil Genius (Guest, 2018-2019)
- Private Parts (Guest, 2019)
- We Need to Talk About (2018)
- Reasons to Be Cheerful (2018)
- Guilty Feminist (Guest, 2018)
- The Big Debate Guilty Feminist (2018)
- Funny From the Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Host, 2019)
- A Good Read (BBC Radio 4, Guest, 2019)
- Stand up from The Fringe (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- Breaking the News (BBC Radio Scotland, Guest, 2018-2019)
- The Comedy Club Interviews (BBC Radio 4 Extra, Guest, 2018)
- Fubar Radio (Guest, 2018)
- The News Quiz (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- Newsjack (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2017-present)
- The Now Show (BBC Radio 4, Writer, 2016)
- Tim Arthur Show (guest, 2016, BBC Radio London)
- The Paper Review (guest contributor, 2016, talkRadio)
The sort of perfectly structured Edinburgh debut you always hope for and rarely get to see. ★★★★
Packed full of laughs… she’s destined for great things.★★★★
A star in the making.★★★★
A winning mixture of self-deprecation and confidence. ★★★★
Beyond The Joke
A supremely natural quality about her delivery. ★★★★
A comic with both a distinctive voice and a story you’d like to hear.
Steve Bennett, Chortle
Pretty much the perfect comedy package.
Bruce Dessau, Beyondthejoke