About the company
Chambers Management is a boutique agency with a client list drawn from the competitive world of stand-up comedy. We work closely with artists to develop talents learned on the circuit into the skills needed for a long-lasting career, touring nationally and internationally at the highest level and performing and writing for television, radio and film. We are a small team that is passionate about comedy, and we work hard to provide the best possible service and support for all our clients.
About the position
This role supports the Managing Director and her clients across all their activities, with a particular focus on television castings and contracts, as well as diary management for assigned clients. The Senior Associate is expected to be a proactive member of the team, contributing ideas and working on deals that will help our clients reach their career goals and our business reach its potential. The Senior Associate will work closely alongside another long standing senior associate and live and touring colleagues, liaising with them to ensure that our clients’ work is aligned across all areas.
- Supporting the Managing Director, primarily by handling television contracts and castings for all allocated clients.
- Submitting clients for Spotlight and castings and following up on subsequent offers.
- Managing diaries for allocated clients, including scheduling meetings, logistics, travel, writing and filming days, in liaison with colleagues managing the clients’ live bookings.
- Managing client contracts and invoicing, in close liaison with the Managing Director, from initial draft through to negotiation and financial settlement.
- Developing and concluding DVD (and similar) recording and distribution deals on behalf of our clients and Chambers Production Ltd.
- Supporting clients in developing their online performance opportunities and potential.
- Supporting the Managing Director and accounting department in monthly settlements.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current comedy acts, including scouting for new potential clients.
- Any other duties, commensurate with the level of responsibility and the role holder’s skills and experience, as directed.
Essential candidate requirements
The successful Senior Associate candidate will be expected to have the following:
- At least five years’ experience handling television contracts, either from within production, business affairs or agency/management, or similar.
- Detail-focussed and accurate diary and project management skills.
- Rigorous and accurate approach to financial tasks within a deadline-driven environment.
- Solid understanding of VAT and financial elements of contracts and deal negotiation.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- A long-standing love of comedy.
- Diplomatic and persuasive negotiation skills.
- Confident and effective interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Absolute discretion.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages to their full potential, particularly Excel.
- An ability to maintain a positive and professional working attitude even under pressure.
- Good academic record at undergraduate degree level or above.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working as part of a successful and established team.
Desirable candidate skills and experience
The following further skills and experience will be helpful, but can be developed in post as needed:
- Good understanding of online media distribution opportunities.
- Good understanding of career development opportunities and potential pitfalls within a comedy performance career.
- Some experience in DVD (or similar) production or distribution.
- Some experience of using and maintaining Microsoft Access databases.