A fresh comic voice… unapologetically funny The Sunday Telegraph
Nabil Abdulrashid is an award-winning comedian, writer, presenter and actor.
Nabil was a finalist in the 2020 series of Britain’s Got Talent, awarded the ‘Golden Buzzer’ by judge Alesha Dixon for his “edgy, charismatic style.” The Sunday Telegraph described his finalists’ performance as “urgent, uncompromising and refreshingly radical fare, smartly woven into a gag-packed set.”
Before BGT, Nabil had already established a successful and varied career in UK and international comedy. He wrote, directed, and starred in his own sketch show on Channel U within his first year of performing, triumphed in the in the ‘Which Religion Is Funniest?’ competition, and was the youngest ever black stand-up to perform at London’s prestigious Hammersmith Apollo. Nabil was a finalist in the New Act of The Year and Laughing Horse stand-up comedy competitions. He won Joe.co.uk’s TV Comedian of the Year award in 2020.
Nabil’s stand-up, incorporating multiple languages and humorous commentary on global politics and multiculturalism, has secured him an international following. He has sold out shows in several countries, including Tanzania, South Africa, Dubai (headlining the Dubai National Opera’s first-ever stand-up show), Holland, Austria, and Belgium. One of Nabil’s BRAP (Black Racist And Proud) tour performances was named one of The Guardian’s 10 Best Comedy Shows of 2020. His most recent show, N.A.B.I.L. (Nobody Actually Believed I’d Last), toured in 2021.
Nabil is a sought-after clean comedian for corporate, interfaith, and community-based events. He’s a respected cultural and social commentator and has appeared on Channel 4, ITV News, Al Jazeera English, and British Muslim TV to discuss topical issues like race, religion, and social justice. He was a key contributor to the BAFTA-winning documentary Muslims Like Us and is a frequent panellist at universities like SOAS, LSE, and UCL.
Nabil’s broadcast career continues to grow, including appearances on Live at the Apollo, The Stand Up Sketch Show, Celebrity MasterChef, Mel Giedroyc: Unforgiveable, Have I Got News for You and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
Finalist: Britain’s Got Talent 2020
Finalist: Comedy Knights Comedian Of The Year 2015
Finalist: Laughing Horse New Act 2014
Finalist: New Act Of The Year 2013
Winner: Joe.co.uk TV Comedian of the Year 2020
Winner: Which Religion Is Funniest? 2010
- Have I Got News For You (Guest, BBC1, 2022, 2023)
- Pilgrimage: The Road through Portugal (Presenter, BBC2, 2023)
- The Big Narstie Show (Guest, C4, 2022)
- BBC New Comedy Awards (Judge, BBC3, 2022)
- The A to Z of Horror Movies (Sky Cinema, 2022)
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (Guest Player, C4, 2022)
- This is MY House (Guest, BBC1, 2022)
- Saturday Kitchen (Guest, BBC1, 2022)
- Mel Giedroyc: Unforgiveable (Guest, Dave, 2022)
- The Stand Up Sketch Show (Guest, ITV2, 2022)
- Live At The Apollo (Guest, BBC2, 2021)
- Unapologetic (Guest, Channel 4, 2021)
- Richard Osman’s House Of Games (Guest, BBC2, 2021)
- Rhod Gilbert’s Growing Pains (Guest, Comedy Central, 2021)
- Steph’s Packed Lunch (Guest, Channel 4, 2021)
- Celebrity Masterchef (Guest, BBC1, 2021)
- Funny Festival Live (Guest, BBC2, 2021)
- Britain’s Got Talent (Finalist, ITV, 2020)
Radio & Podcasts
- Please Tell Me A Story (Sony Music Podcasts, 2023)
- ADHD Aha! (Understood Org, 2023)
- Times Radio Drive with Ayesha Hazarika (Times Radio, 2022, 2023)
- The Gargle Podcast (2022, 2023)
- Wheel of Misfortune (BBC Sounds, 2022)
- You’re Dead To Me (BBC Radio 4, 2022)
- The Lady Lashurr Show (2022)
- Hugo Rifkind’s Times Radio Show (2022)
- The Likely Dads Podcast (2022)
- Daliso Chaponda: Citizen of Nowhere (Guest, BBC Radio 4, 2021)
- The Happy Hour (BBC R5Live, 2021)
- The Froth Podcast (2021)
- I Am Not Your Bilal (Host, 2020 – 2021)
- Jokes Only A… Can Tell (Channel 4 digital, 2022, 2023)
- Double Down News (2022, 2023)
- Reddit Ask Me Anything (Reddit, 2023)
Urgent, uncompromising and refreshingly radical fare, smartly woven into a gag-packed set… a fresh comic voice and unapologetically funny
His set – edgy, thoughtful, beholden to no one – raised the roof
The Guardian (10 Best Comedy Shows of 2020)
He’s the star by a wide margin… animated by a sardonic intelligence and sharp eye for the absurdities of racial discourse
Defiant and fearless
The Radio Times
Absolutely brilliant, a breath of fresh air
Too funny. A really refreshing comic voice
An exciting and interesting comic
The Purple Pill
A show about trying to be a good person while staying a badman.
Join the star of Live at the Apollo for this “unapologetically funny” (Telegraph) exploration of empathy, morality and political contradiction.
★★★★ Evening Standard
As seen on Live at the Apollo, Have I Got News for You, The Big Narstie Show, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and Unapologetic.
“Urgent, uncompromising and refreshingly radical fare” Telegraph
“His set – edgy, thoughtful, beholden to no one – raised the roof” Guardian
“Defiant and fearless” Metro
Catch me and @ComComPod at the #leicestercomedyfest this Sunday!! Tickets available here bd-tickets.co.uk/event/nabil-…