Expert, charming stand-up.
Stuart Goldsmith is an internationally award-winning comedian, writer, podcaster and host.
Stuart’s stand-up career has seen him win several awards, including the Leicester Comedy Festival Award for Best New Show, and take seven solo stand-up shows to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe to date. He has performed at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the New Zealand International Comedy Festival and made multiple appearances at the prestigious, invitation-only Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. In 2019, he performed stand-up on the TBS chat show Conan, in the US.
Stuart is a highly regarded corporate speaker, host and the creator of the hugely popular Resilience Presentation, a 45-minute business-focussed session which offers an ‘alternative and fresh take on cultivating resilience.’ (Polly Dean, HG Capital)
Stuart is also a talented interviewer and host of the internationally renowned podcast: The Comedian’s Comedian. He has interviewed many of the comedy world’s household names, including Jimmy Carr, Bo Burnham, Sarah Millican and James Acaster.
- Leicester Comedy Festival Awards 2023: Best Show – Winner
- British Podcast Awards 2019: Best Interview – Nominee
- Leicester Comedy Fesitival Awards 2017: Best New Show – Winner
- Amused Moose Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2015: Best Show – Nominee
- Chortle Awards 2014: Internet Award for The Comedian’s Comedian podcast – Nominee
- Chortle Awards 2013: Internet Award for The Comedian’s Comedian podcast – Nominee
- New Zealand Comedy Festival 2013: Spirit of the Fringe Award – Winner
- Chortle Awards 2012: Breakthrough Act Award – Nominee
- Edinburgh Comedy Festival 2012: Malcolm Hardee Award – Winner
- Leicester Comedy Festival 2011: Best Show Award – Nominee
- Show Me The Funny (ITV) 2010: Semi-finalist
- The Stand-Up Show with Jon Dore (CTV, 2020)
- Conan (TBS, 2019)
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala (ABC, 2017)
- Rank The Prank (CBBC, 2016)
- Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central (Comedy Central, 2016)
- The Dog Ate My Homework (CBBC, 2015)
- Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled (Dave, 2015)
Radio & Podcasts
- The Comedian’s Comedian Podcast (Host, ongoing)
- Come to Daddy (2023)
- Trusty Hogs (2023)
- Chatabix (2023)
- Comedy Club At Machynlleth (2022)
- The Modern Mann Podcast (2022)
- Legit Classics Podcast (2022) The Recruitment Network Podcast (2022)
- You’re Dead To Me (BBC Sounds, 2019, 2021, 2022)
- Dating Games Podcast (2021)
- Dad Chat Podcast (2021)
- Child Labour (Host, 2020)
Professor Emeritus of Comedy
A master of the form.
Expert, charming stand-up.
The Sunday Times
Truly a comedy masterclass… Endlessly inventive.
The List ★★★★
Yet further evidence of Goldsmith’s enormous talent and indisputable mastery of the genre.
The Wee Review ★★★★
…he infuses the material with a sly wit and and underplayed sharpness, not to mention eloquent writing.
…no wonder he’s filled his room on a Monday evening; no one could dislike this.
This is smooth, smart and absorbing stand-up.
…it carries the slick professionalism of someone whose been master of their comedy voice for years.
Goldsmith is making the crucial leap from being a comedian’s comedian to being everyone’s comedian.
Edinburgh Festival Magazine ★★★★
Stuart Goldsmith is a polished comic. Leaving little room for error his style of storytelling is slick, cleverly constructed and thoughtful.
Broadway Baby ★★★★
He’s a confident commander of the stage, his open face and cheeky grin coaxing you very much onto his side.
The List ★★★★
Goldsmith emanates energy constantly.
He has a deep talent for keeping the audience’s attention the whole time, slipping effortlessly from one routine into another and never losing a beat…He gets huge laughs.
He’s introspective and acutely self-aware, with an intensely friendly stage persona that’s deeply sincere. His material is warm and life-affirming.
An Hour is a showcase of quietly perfect standup.
Edinburgh Festivals Magazine ★★★★★
His laid-back, but in control, style makes it look easy, though there’s a choreography to both his words and deeds. There’s a nice sign-off to his show that would have operated perfectly well without it, given the underplayed high quality of Goldsmith’s various routines…but serves as a cherry on the top of a very satisfying cake.
Goldsmith is a hugely underrated comic, effortlessly confident and accomplished.
A charming, expert stand-up.
A supremely talented stand-up, with a wonderfully funny view of the world and an effortless charm.
Consistently, dependably and utterly funny.
Praise for The Comedian’s Comedian Podcast
A brilliant insight into some of the best comedic minds in the country, endlessly educational and entertaining.
Terrific in-depth interviews for the discerning comedy nerd.
Consistently entertaining and startlingly honest.
For anyone with an interest in the craft of stand-up comedy, this is a dream come true.
I can’t recommend it enough – fascinating and inspirational.
Not just another wanker talking about comedy.
Stuart is terrified of the climate crisis, but no-one he knows ever mentions it, so it must be fine.
Hilarious, hopeful, and vaguely educational “expert stand-up” (Sunday Times).
Winner: Best Show, Leicester Comedy Festival 2023
DROP EVERYTHING This Sunday night in #leicester 2 for 1 tickets with the code: NASG241 for me and @Nabilu! bd-tickets.co.uk/event/nabil-… NOW PICK EVERYTHING BACK UP